Building a Better Community, Life and Future
Holts Summit Community Betterment Association
Bringing Great Things to Holts Summit Missouri!
HSCBA was formed in 2005 with the help of the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce. This community organization has grown from a few people meeting at the Holts Summit McDonald's to over 65 members including businesses, organizations, churches, and individuals in southern Callaway County (the 65043 zip code). the HSCBA is a 501-C-6 nonprofit organization that supports Holts Summit and the entire 65043 zip code.
The HSCBA continues to serve the 65043 community in a variety of other ways:
- 1. HSCBA has a small grant program available for not-for-profit organizations in the 65043 area. Through this small grant program, HSCBA has given monies to : several scouting groups and an Eagle scout candidate for a landscaping project at a school, flagpole at a fire station, and park improvements; a time capsule at North Elementary School; a foster parents association; sports camp scholarships; a free karate program for children; and lettering for a community group's sign.
- 2. Each year, Christmas baskets containing food and clothing are prepared for a family from North Elementary school and a family from Callaway Hills Elementary school.
- 3. A benevolent fund has been established to provide immediate assistance to those suffering from tragedy or disaster.
- 4. Our food drive committee works with SERVE, the Holts Summit Soup Kitchen, and the area churches to ensure that basic food needs are made available to everyone in our area.
- 5. HSCBA has advocated on behalf of our community for projects seeking federal funding - for example, the State Route OO improvements, sidewalk grants, and the Katy Trail extension to Holts Summit.
- 6. Donated money to the Katy Trail extension and raised other funds for the required local match.
- 7. Donated money to the City's Greenway Park to purchase swings.
- 8. Bought new appliances (refrigerator, stove, and two microwave ovens) and a three bay stainless steel sink for the Civic Building at the City owned Greenway Park.
- 9. HSCBA started candidate forums for southern Callaway County elections which are co-sponsored by the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce and the Fulton Area Development Corporation.
- 10. HSCBA organized a smoke alarm give-away program that included education materials. This program began as a result of an anonymous donation from a member of the community.